Alberta’s COVID-19 hospitalization rates remain low with 71 people currently in hospital, 13 of whom are in intensive care.
In this afternoon's update, it was reported a total of 4,389 Albertans have recovered from COVID-19.
That includes one more recovery in the Cochrane-Springbank geographical area.
Only three of the 19 cases remain active.
Today's update reported 96 new cases, bringing the number of total active cases to 1,747.
Sadly, one more Albertan has died, rising that total to 117. Of those, 82 are in the Calgary zone.
Albertan continues to vigorously test for the coronavirus.
In the last 24 hours, 4,186 tests have been completed.
There have been 173,023 people tested for COVID-19 and a total of 185,293 tests performed by the lab.
Other updates provided include:
- Cases have been identified in all zones across the province:
- 1,159 active cases and 3,003 recovered cases in the Calgary zone
- 470 active cases and 673 recovered cases in the South zone
- 65 active cases and 432 recovered cases in the Edmonton zone
- 31 active cases and 181 recovered cases in the North zone
- 17 active cases and 81 recovered cases in the Central zone
- Five active cases and 19 recovered cases in zones yet to be confirmed
- Additional information, including the total number of cases, is reported online.
- There have been 687 cases to date with unknown exposure.
- The total deaths are 117: 82 in the Calgary zone; 15 in the North zone; 12 in the Edmonton zone; seven in the South zone; and one in the Central zone.
- There are 115 active cases and 519 recovered cases at continuing care facilities. Eighty-four residents at these facilities have died.
- There are 58 active cases among workers from the Cargill meat processing plant in High River, and 893 have recovered.
- There are 82 active cases among workers from JBS Foods Canada in Brooks, and 520 have recovered.
- Seventeen active cases have been confirmed at Harmony Beef, and 21 individuals have recovered.