Rocky View County has upgraded its previous fire advisory to a fire ban as we head into a warm, dry weekend.
The ban is in effect for East & West Rocky View County.
This ban is expected to remain in effect until weather conditions improve.
During a fire ban, all burning and fireworks permits are suspended, and burning is banned with the following exceptions:
- Indoor household fireplaces
- Camp stoves (properly attended)
- Barbecues (charcoal briquettes, propane, or natural gas)
- Wood pellet grills
- Propane/natural gas fire pit
- Oil well flaring (registration required -- call 403-264-1022)