Dr. Deena Hinshaw delivered and update on Monday, November 16. Cochrane is once again an enhanced zone with 23 active cases. Rocky View County is now sitting at 97 active cases. Provincially the numbers are as follows:
- There are 860 new cases over the past 24 hours following over 12,000 tests performed.
- Alberta now has 10,031 active cases.
- There are 264 people in hospital with 57 in ICU.
- There were 20 more deaths reported in the past 24 hours.
Cochrane is an enhanced zone coloured in purple as well as Rocky View County. The following restrictions apply to enhanced areas including Cochrane:
- Restaurants, pubs and bars must stop liquor sales by 10 p.m. and close by 11 p.m.
- No social gatherings in homes expanded to all areas with enhanced measures
- Weddings and ceremonies limited to maximum 50 people
- Limit faith services to 1/3 of capacity
- Employers are asked to limit staff in buildings operating on a rotating schedule or working remotely
The following restrictions do not apply to Cochrane.
- Starting tomorrow there will be a temporary two week pause on all group fitness activities and team sports (Nov 13-27)
- Pause on theatre, singing, and dance performance groups (Nov. 13-27)