Two more residents of continuing care facilities have died in the least 24 hours from COVID-19.
In today's update from Alberta Health Services (AHS), the deaths were reported, as well as another 97 new cases, bring the total number of cases to 5,670.
Of the 97 new cases Saturday, 80 are lab-confirmed and 17 are probable.
There are currently 88 people hospitalized, 19 of whom have been admitted to intensive care units.
Other details provided in the update include:
- Cases have been identified in all zones across the province:
- 3,775 cases in the Calgary zone
- 1,054 cases in the South zone
- 501 cases in the Edmonton zone
- 218 cases in the North zone
- 88 cases in the Central zone
- 34 cases in zones yet to be confirmed
- 725 cases are suspected of being community-acquired.
- The total deaths are 94: 61 in the Calgary zone; 15 in the North zone; 12 in the Edmonton zone; five in the South zone; and one in the Central zone.
- To date, 597 cases have been confirmed at continuing care facilities; 66 residents at these facilities have died.
- There have been 148,757 people tested for COVID-19 and a total of 157,517 tests performed by the lab.
- In the last 24 hours, 3,751 tests have been completed.
- There are 18 confirmed cases in the Cochrane-Springbank geographical area. Fifteen have recovered and three are active.