The COVID-19 numbers update for Thursday were as follows:
- There were 399 new cases reported.
- Hospitalizations continue to drop and sit at 280 while the number of patients in ICU remains at 56.
- There were eight additional deaths reported with three people under the age of 50 passing away. The province has now seen a total of 1,874 deaths
- There were 32 new cases of the UK variant reported bringing that total to 348 with seven South African cases for a combined total of 355.
- Cochrane holds at 10 active cases while Rocky View County dropped one case for a total of 18.
- Stoney Nakoda is reporting two new cases with a total of 26 active cases.
- To date, 195.572 doses of vaccine have been administered to Albertans.
Dr. Hinshaw will provide a live update on Monday, March 1.