Cochrane Fire Services responded to Holy Spirit Catholic School Wednesday morning after the report of a gas leak.
Parents of students at the elementary school were sent two letters on Wednesday.
The first was before classes started and it advised parents of a natural gas smell in the school. It told parents that students would be staying outside as they arrived off the bus. "We have masks and first aid kits for students sensitive to the smoke and will send an update as soon as possible." reads a statement from Kim Welte, Principal at Holy Spirit School.
The second letter was sent after classes began.
"As you are aware, ATCO and the Fire department is on site. They have detected a leak in the school. We are not able to hold classes until the leak is repaired as no one can be in the building at this time." reads a statement from Kim Welte, Principal at Holy Spirit School.
There's no word on what caused the leak.
More details to come...