There are now 74 people hospitalized for the treatment of COVID-19 in Alberta hospitals, 15 of whom are in intensive care.
This afternoon, it was reported another 59 new cases have been reported, bringing the total number of active cases to 1,837.
The report also confirmed one more Albertan has died, bringing that total to 116.
A total of 4,204 Albertans have recovered. That's another 184 people in the last 24 hours.
Other details in the update included:
- Cases have been identified in all zones across the province:
- 1,202 active cases and 2,876 recovered cases in the Calgary zone
- 514 active cases and 620 recovered cases in the South zone
- 69 active cases and 428 recovered cases in the Edmonton zone
- 32 active cases and 180 recovered cases in the North zone
- 15 active cases and 81 recovered cases in the Central zone
- Five active cases and 19 recovered cases in zones yet to be confirmed
- Additional information, including the total number of cases, is reported online.
- 687 cases are suspected of being community-acquired.
- The total deaths are 116: 83 in the Calgary zone; 14 in the North zone; 12 in the Edmonton zone; six in the South zone; and one in the Central zone.
- To date, 630 cases have been confirmed at continuing care facilities, and 84 residents at these facilities have died.
- There are 73 active cases among workers from the Cargill meat processing plant in High River, and 879 have recovered.
- There are 89 active cases among workers from JBS Foods Canada in Brooks, and 510 have recovered.
- 20 active cases have been confirmed at Harmony Beef, and 18 individuals have recovered.
- There have been 169,415 people tested, and a total of 181,107 tests performed by the lab. In the last 24 hours, 3,548 tests have been completed.