Dr. Deena Hinshaw delivered the COVID 19 update for Monday, December 7 and the numbers continue to increase.
- There were 1,735 new cases were reported in the past 24 hours after over 20,300 tests were performed.
- The province's positivity rate is at 8.5%.
- Cochrane added four more cases for a total of 67.
- Rocky View County added 16 more cases for a total of 132.
- There are 609 people in the hospital with 108 in ICU.
- Sadly, another 16 deaths were reported.
Dr. Hinshaw said, "I will be blunt. So far, we are not bending the curve. We're still witnessing very high transmission of the virus, which is putting enormous pressure on our hospitals, intensive care units, and health care workers."