Due to the diligence and hard work of all, Alberta is able to move to Phase Two of the relaunch strategy. Originally scheduled for June 19, restrictions have been loosened to take place this Friday, June 12.
Phase Two allowance details include:
- K-12 schools, for requested diploma exams and summer school, following guidance
- More surgeries
- Wellness services such as massage, acupuncture and reflexology
- Personal services such as esthetics
- Indoor recreation, fitness, and sports, including gyms and arenas
- Movie theatres and theatres
- Community halls
- Team sports
- Pools for leisure swimming
- VLTs in restaurants and bars
- Casinos and bingo halls (but not table games)
- Instrumental concerts
All officials involved in the announcement Premier Kenney, Dr Hinshaw and Health Minister Shandro could not emphasize enough that the vigilance exercised over the past three months must be continued. The need to social distance, proper hygiene, and wearing masks when distancing is not possible is as Dr Hinshaw puts it, "our new normal."
All guidelines for the Phase Two Relaunch can be found at alberta.ca.