The Toys for Tickets initiative is being revived by Alberta Health Services (AHS).
This allows those who recently received an AHS parking ticket to choose to contribute a brand-new, unopened toy instead of paying the charge.
“Last year was a huge success as we collected more than 470 toys province-wide,” says Nick Ternovatsky, Director of Parking, AHS. “Given its past success and positive reception, we are happy to launch it once again this holiday season.”
Toy donations can be made to Parking Services in lieu of cash for citations issued between November 6 and December 15, 2023.
All toys should be for children aged newborn to seventeen and in their original box. Every toy must have a minimum value of $25.
Books, art supplies, scientific kits, electronics, headphones, Lego sets, portable DVD players, rattles, baby toys, activity books, crayons, colouring books, and gift cards for restaurants and grocery stores are among the items that are suggested for contribution (for families).
Here is the list of all the locations in Alberta according to AHS:
- Alberta Children's Hospital
- Foothills Medical Centre
- Peter Lougheed Centre
- Rockyview General Hospital
- Richmond Road Diagnostic and Treatment Centre
- Sheldon M. Chumir Health Centre
- South Health Campus
- Tom Baker Cancer Centre
- Capital Care Norwood
- Cross Cancer Institute
- Kaye Edmonton Clinic
- Edmonton General
- Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital
- Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute
- Royal Alexandra Hospital
- Stollery Children's Hospital
- Sturgeon Community Hospital
- University of Alberta Hospital
- Red Deer Regional Hospital
- Chinook Regional Hospital
- Medicine Hat Regional Hospital
- Grande Prairie Regional Hospital
- Northern Lights Regional Health Centre
- Queen Elizabeth II Ambulatory Care Centre
To learn the office hours for these parking locations, click HERE.