In today's COVID-19 update, another 216 new cases were identified, and, sadly, one more Albertan has died.
There are now 77 people hospitalized, 20 of whom have been admitted to intensive care units.
That brings the total number to confirmed cases to 4,233, of whom 1,471 have recovered so far.
Other details include:
- Cases have been identified in all zones across the province:
- 2,964 cases in the Calgary zone
- 475 cases in the Edmonton zone
- 510 cases in the South zone
- 173 cases in the North zone
- 83 cases in the Central zone
- 28 cases in zones yet to be confirmed
- 385 cases are suspected of being community-acquired.
- The total deaths are 73: 46 in the Calgary zone; 14 in the North zone; 10 in the Edmonton zone; one in the Central zone; and two in the South zone.
- To date, 415 cases have been confirmed at continuing care facilities, and 48 residents at these facilities have died.
- There have been 121,244 people tested for COVID-19 and a total of 127,165 tests performed by the lab. In the last 24 hours, 4,718 tests have been completed.