Bow RiversEdge Campground Society (BRECS) has once again celebrated local non-profits by donating $60,000 to 19 different organizations in the Cochrane area.
Earlier this week, the campground hosted its annual private ceremony to award grants made with proceeds from camp bookings.
The mandate of the BRECS board is to be able to give back to the community and was born from a partnership between the Cochrane Rotary and Lions Club.
The various groups receiving funds include:
- Alberta Institute for Wildlife Conservation
- Bethany Care Foundation
- BGC of Cochrane and Area
- Bike Cochrane
- Cochrane Art Club
- Cochrane and Area Victim Services Society
- Cochrane & District Agriculture Society
- Cochrane Immigrant Services Committee (CISC)
- Cochrane Music Society
- Cochrane Public Library
- Cochrane Search and Rescue Association
- Glenbow Ranch Park Foundation
- Helping Hands Society of Cochrane and Area
- Junior Achievement Southern Alberta
- Route 22 Artist Collective Ltd.
- Seniors for Kids Society
- Stockmen's Memorial Foundation
- The Veteran Hunters Canada Ltd
BRECS has awarded over one million dollars to date to deserving local organizations and non-profits.
In response to Canada's Online News Act and Meta (Facebook and Instagram) removing access to local news from their platforms, CochraneNow encourages you to get your news directly from your trusted source by bookmarking this page and downloading the CochraneNow app.