Cochrane continues to hold steady with one active case and Rocky View County has dropped to three active COVID 19 cases.
Dr. Deena Hinshaw provided an update for Thursday, September 17.
- 146 new cases were reported with over 13,000 test performed in the past 24 hours
- There are now 1,483 active cases in the province
- There are 41 people in hospital with eight in ICU
- No new deaths were reported
- AHS reports 64 cases in 48 schools within the province
- An additional outbreak was reported in a Calgary school bringing the provincial total to ten
In her update, Dr. Deena Hinshaw reminded us, "That we are using the term outbreak very cautiously. Two cases are a sign that we are we are taking action and watching closely, but not a sign that the school is unsafe. So far, there is no evidence of transmission within schools.
Thankfully, there have been no reported cases in Cochrane schools.