Because of the damage to the wastewater and water lines last night, the Town of Cochrane has enforced a Level 3 Water Restriction.
This means residents are being asked to conserve water at this time. The water remains safe to drink.
Under a Level 3 restriction, all outdoor water use is prohibited, water pressure will be reduced as required, and bulk water sales will not be allowed.
Residents are being requested to:
- Use water sparingly: Limit water use to only essential activities.
- Reduce shower time: Shorten shower times to conserve water.
- Wash dishes by hand: If you have a dishwasher, only use it when you have a full load of dishes to wash. Hand wash where possible to limit water use.
- Limit laundry: Postpone doing laundry until the water line impacts have been resolved.
- Educate family members: Ensure that all members of the household are aware of the current situation and are following the conservation guidelines.
“By making simple adjustments to your daily routines, you can significantly contribute to the preservation of our water resources,” said Stacey Loe, Director of Emergency Management, Town of Cochrane, in a news release. “Your cooperation is greatly appreciated as we work together to protect our water resources.”
Pathways next to the Bow River from the HWY 22 bridge to Griffin Industrial Point are closed.
In response to Canada's Online News Act and Meta (Facebook and Instagram) removing access to local news from their platforms, CochraneNow encourages you to get your news directly from your trusted source by bookmarking this page and downloading the CochraneNow app.