Cochrane active cases hold steady at five while Rocky View is at 23.
In her update on Thursday, October 29, Dr. Deena Hinshaw started by thanking Albertans for getting their flu shots. "In a little more than a week, more than 597,000 Albertan's have already been immunized. That's an increase of more than 50,000 doses over this time last year. Thank you for doing your part to help the spread of influenza and for helping the health system stay focused on the pandemic response." She continued to encourage the rest to do the same.
The provincial COVID 19 numbers are as follows:
- In the past 24 hours 477 new cases were reported after over 12,000 tests were performed
- Currently 130 people are in hospital with 18 in ICU
- Five more deaths were recorded
- AHS has confirmed that 153 schools that previously had alerts are back in class
- Active alerts or outbreaks in 249 schools (about 10% of all the schools in the province) currently these schools have 730 active cases in total
- So far in-school transmission has likely occurred in 87 schools
Dr. Hinshaw once again, encouraged everyone to be wise and safe for Halloween and follow the guidance that has been provided. "Let's continue to protect each other and enjoy the activities that we are able to do."